Hyundai’s Response to COVID-19
Better becomes us.
At Hyundai we are doing all that we can to make things better for all of us. Our goal is to help protect our future and current owners, team members and vulnerable kids in the community from the uncertainty of this moment.
A clean customer experience.
Hyundai Clean Assurance suggests new guidelines for dealerships and service facility visits across the country to help safeguard everyone’s health. These high standards include new cleaning rules, social distancing measures and dealer training.1
Buy your Hyundai online.
Click to Buy is simple, safe and convenient way to find and purchase a new Hyundai without leaving the comfort of your home. Participating dealers will even deliver the vehicle right to you.2
Job Loss Protection
We want to help you worry less in these uncertain times. So, for current owners, we’re covering up to 6 months of payments in the event you lose your job due to COVID-19.3
Hyundai Hope On Wheels supports testing with $4 million.
This effort supports COVID-19 On-site Testing Centers at 22 children’s hospitals in the U.S.4
Offers for medical professionals.
In appreciation for all that they do, we are extending the offers from our First Responders program to hospital employees and healthcare professionals.
Warranty extensions for owners.
Hyundai owners in the U.S. with a qualifying warranty that ends between March and June 2020, will have coverage extended to June 30, 2020. All eligible customers will be contacted with details about this program.
Hyundai Dealers are here for you.
Most of our dealers are currently available to provide the safest and best service experience possible. Select dealers offer pickup and drop-off service for customers who are uncomfortable with visiting or are unable to come into the dealership.1
Taking care of our family
As of May 26, Hyundai has taken substantial steps to protect the safety, health and well-being of our employees, customers, business partners and the communities where we do business.
Hyundai U.S. Dealerships
- More than 95% of all Hyundai dealers offer digital retailing and most will deliver new vehicles to customers’ homes
- Almost all of Hyundai dealers will pick up and drop off the customers’ vehicles for service and repair
- Electronic signature authorization for repair approvals and digital communication between the dealer and customer
- Regular communications with dealerships and provided the CDC’s recommendations for preventative measures businesses should take to keep their employees and customers safe
- Additional cleaning of dealer facilities and Hyundai vehicles in for service
- Provided dealerships with a variety of financial assistance
- Deferred floorplan interest, increased incentives and other accommodations for dealers who finance their floorplan with Hyundai Motor Finance
- Dealerships closely monitoring the situation in their local communities and acting accordingly based on state, county and city ordinances
- Many dealerships providing support in their local communities, including for healthcare workers serving on the front lines of the COVID-19 response
Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama (HMMA)
- Resumed production on Monday, May 4
- Implemented extensive protocols to provide safe, secure and sanitized workspaces for all team members
- These proactive measures include pre-screening for temperature; physical distancing guidelines in workstations and break areas; staggered shifts; expanding existing cleaning protocols and health and safety communication materials
- HMMA initially suspended production on March 18, 2020
- Suspended public tours
- As part of the Hyundai Hope On Wheels® test donation, HMMA is providing 10,000 COVID-19 RT-PCR tests developed by Seegene to Montgomery and surrounding counties
- Donated 450 boxed lunches to nurses, emergency room teams, and intensive care unit teams at Jackson Hospital in Montgomery, Baptist Hospital in Montgomery (South/East), and Baptist Hospital in Prattville on April 9, April 14, and April 16
Hyundai Motor America
- All employees are working from home
- In compliance with California Governor Gavin Newsom’s “Safer at Home” order, the Hyundai National Headquarters building in Fountain Valley, CA is closed
- Suspended all travel
- Providing all full-time employees up to 10 extra days of paid time off for those directly impacted by the coronavirus
- Offering short term vehicle leases for employees with college students who can benefit from temporary transportation while they are home during school closure
- At participating dealers only. May not be available in your local area.
- At participating dealers only. May not be available in AL, GA, IA, MD, WY or your local area. DMV registration may not be available online.
- 6 Month Payment Relief. Up to 6 months of payments available to the buyer of any new Hyundai model financed or leased at participating dealers only through Hyundai Motor Finance between March 14 and May 17, 2020. Payments up to $600 per month (and $3,600 per 6 month period) are available for loss of job caused by COVID-19 through December 31, 2020. Restrictions apply and proof of job loss required. Subject to Hyundai Motor Finance credit approval. Not all customers will qualify. See dealer for details.
- Each hospital is following CDC guidelines for testing eligibility: patients with a doctor's order, must have clinical factors of at-risk populations (like children with cancer), or work as health/childcare professionals. Testing is not open to the general public or family members at this time.